Skip to main content

Investing Your T's

In my previous post on the 5 T's; Time, Talk, Trust, Transparency and Touch, I intimated that they could strengthen or destroy relationships. I want to clarify what I mean by that statement. Investing your 5 T's in the right relationships will strengthen them. Investing your 5T's in the wrong relationships will destroy or weaken your right relationships.

Our time here is finite. As believers we have an infinite time to spend in the presence of our God, worshiping and adoring Him but we have no assurance that we will be able to spend our eternity in fellowship with those we love whenever we want to. Sure, our saved loved ones will be in heaven with us, but who says they will want to spend time with us when they can be worshiping Jesus and spending time in His presence? Whatever fellowship we have with one another in heaven will be sweet, but it pales in comparison to being in fellowship with our Lord and our God.

So, with our limited resources of T's we must invest them wisely. We must see them as the commodity they are and be generous with the right people at the right time. It is very easy to become immersed in a problematic relationship. Most Christians who fall into adultery don't set out to go there. They start out investing their T's in the wrong account and end up bankrupting themselves in sin. What merciful providence we have in a God who forgives sin and will refill our accounts.

Of course the one constant in our lives should be our investment of our 5T's in our worship. I have heard it said that there is a word for prayer that gives the idea of reaching out and stroking the very face of God. I wish I had the ability to confirm that. I like the idea of my prayer touching God's face in a tender and comforting way. When I first heard this, I thought of how babies reach out and touch the ones they trust while they are being held. You know how they snuggle in right under your chin, make a big, deep sigh and quietly stroke or hang onto you as the relax themselves to the point of sleep? What a beautiful picture that is and how I long to consider myself as a child in the arms of my Father.

Alas, priorities shift and now that I am working I find it more difficult to find time to write. I miss it. I miss reading blogs daily too. I am hoping once training and testing is complete, I will be able to invest more time in doing both.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-11
1 There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven--2 A time to give birth, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted.3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build up.4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.5 A time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones; a time to embrace, and a time to shun embracing.6 A time to search, and a time to give up as lost; a time to keep, and a time to throw away.7 A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together; a time to be silent, and a time to speak.8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.9 What profit is there to the worker from that in which he toils?10 I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.11 He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.(NAS)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Aphasia aka Senseless Theology

I was recently asked why I read theology and follow theological debates. "It's all just words and opinions." Words. Words on a paper, words on a blog. Words that travel invisibly through our airwaves and our minds. What would our inner monologue consist of without words? Harsh words, gentle words, untrue words, and solid you-can-die-behind them words. They have secret lives in the depths of our souls. They overflow in torrents of grief and joy. They seep out of our character flaws, wearing down the weak convictions that hold them back until they contaminate all those around us. All of us are stained within and without by the raw sewage of unkind words. Our souls are in jeopardy for want of The Word. Jesus Christ. The Gospel. The Good News. Words matter. Doctrine matters. Theology Matters. What you win them with is what you win them to. I study theology because I was lost too long in a world that scrambles truth with its own ideas and preferences. I was fed a diet of tosse

Super Church a song for the Emergent-sy

In the early 70s I was in a youth choir at my church. Our youth pastor was a musician and his way of connecting with us as a group was through the choir and music. Somehow there was an affiliation between him and The Continental Singers, New Hope and Jeremiah People. He was worked with Moishe Rosen of Jews for Jesus too, I think. Are any of these names familiar to you? Though I remember the church fondly I was a profoundly lost and troubled young woman during my years there. That and time have muddled the memories quite a bit. Today I was digging through some old paperwork and one of the books to the musical we did. It's Getting Late For the Great Planet Earth, a folk rock oratorio by Cam Floria. Yes, that's right. Cam Floria put Hal Lindsey to music. There's a lot to laugh about and some to groan about but as I was looking through the songs and remembering, I found this little ditty and I only wish I could sing it for you. Just remember that this is circa 1972 and even th

What if.....

...what if I just need a place to let some words spill out? What if they spill out in bouquets of bright colors and pleasing scents but their frames are made of snakes and lies? Will you the reader be able to tell? Will it matter? When words smell like lilacs and honeysuckle do you care what lies beneath them? Perfumed syllables cover the stench of hope's decay. A violet or two will fool most surface dwellers, allowing them to pass by quickly and unaware.  Is that what words are supposed to do? What if my aesthetics with words are similar to Morticia Addams' with flowers?  What happens when luscious blooms are discarded?  When the ragged silhouette of thorns is all that remains will you still see the beauty?  Perhaps we'll find out.