Skip to main content

>Click!<... Be Gone!

I am having a rough day AND I am being vexed by stupid people. Ever notice that when you're grumpy the level of stupidity in those around you increases? Coincidence? I think not. You know you're having a bad day when you happen to watch the The View and find yourself agreeing with Whoopi.... when she's admittedly high on drugs (she took drugs that enable her to be calm enough to fly). Yeah it's been that kind of day and it's only noon.

Ms. Goldberg and I find ourselves in agreement on whether or not something Kathy Griffith said was not nice and uncalled for... but then most of what Kathy Griffith says falls into that category. That's why I don't watch her television program, buy tickets to her shows or find myself wanting in any way shape or form to be in her company. Not on the D list, not on the A list... not on any list. So when faced with the probability of seeing her unkind, unfunny self on my TV I practice this technique.... I turn the channel. Click! Be Gone!!

I employ this same technique when watching bad journalism, bad comedy, and bad movies. I don't expect Obama to solve the problems of our nation- nor will any other president. It annoys me that people expect that much from any man... even those whose politics I agree with... because it's just not possible. Everyone wants to change the world but nobody wants to go first. I am sick to death of people who think their vote in a presidential election has more value than the vote they neglected to cast in their local congressional race. Or who want to call me ignorant because I don't agree with their view that our government should intervene in every aspect of our lives.... yet they can't tell me how many serve on the Supreme Court. Or want to write more federal laws instead of enforcing the ones we have. While I may enjoy reading dissenting opinion on other days, today...not so much. Click! Be Gone!!

In other news the crepe myrtle outside my office window is beginning to bloom. It is absolutely gorgeous. In the wind and rain the limbs of the tree rub against the window and siding of the house. The resulting noise is unpleasant and actually my roomie said the branches were trying hard to break her bedroom window so they have been lopped off. To the offending branches I say..... that's right.... Click or rather Clip! Be Gone!!

I can't help but consider my willingness to be done with the things that vex me in comparison to God's mercy. Sure, He says that he is going to prune the vines that bear no fruit...but he first establishes that they are barren. Me? I just get annoyed and want to be done with anything and anyone I think may be responsible. So, if God can extend mercy, and I desire to be like Him.... perhaps it all comes down to discerning good fruit from bad fruit before I click. That and determining that I will be grateful for His mercy... or Poof! I would be gone!

*****This just in****** I thought I was being so clever calling Kathy Griffin by the name she hates being called and mistaken for, Kathy Griffith. Nobody caught it or commented if they did. Dang, I hate having a party for one all the time!~ :)

John 15:1-8
1 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every {branch} that bears fruit, He prunes it, that it may bear more fruit.
3 "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, so neither {can} you, unless you abide in Me.
5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing.
6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch, and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you.
8 "By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit, and {so} prove to be My disciples.
(NAS)

Comments

Jackie said…
Rosemarie- It is so true, we do get rid of things that annoy or vex us...and think we are right when doing it.
We have a stray that we took in, and it is becoming very destructive. My first impulse was..pound.
I think of how we humans murder anhyone who interferes with us...abortion.
The sinful nature is truly abomidable, isn't it? I can't wait to be completely free from it when Jesus returns. Only He will have the power to loose its grip on me.
In the meantime, by God's grace, I fight.

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Aphasia aka Senseless Theology

I was recently asked why I read theology and follow theological debates. "It's all just words and opinions." Words. Words on a paper, words on a blog. Words that travel invisibly through our airwaves and our minds. What would our inner monologue consist of without words? Harsh words, gentle words, untrue words, and solid you-can-die-behind them words. They have secret lives in the depths of our souls. They overflow in torrents of grief and joy. They seep out of our character flaws, wearing down the weak convictions that hold them back until they contaminate all those around us. All of us are stained within and without by the raw sewage of unkind words. Our souls are in jeopardy for want of The Word. Jesus Christ. The Gospel. The Good News. Words matter. Doctrine matters. Theology Matters. What you win them with is what you win them to. I study theology because I was lost too long in a world that scrambles truth with its own ideas and preferences. I was fed a diet of tosse

Super Church a song for the Emergent-sy

In the early 70s I was in a youth choir at my church. Our youth pastor was a musician and his way of connecting with us as a group was through the choir and music. Somehow there was an affiliation between him and The Continental Singers, New Hope and Jeremiah People. He was worked with Moishe Rosen of Jews for Jesus too, I think. Are any of these names familiar to you? Though I remember the church fondly I was a profoundly lost and troubled young woman during my years there. That and time have muddled the memories quite a bit. Today I was digging through some old paperwork and one of the books to the musical we did. It's Getting Late For the Great Planet Earth, a folk rock oratorio by Cam Floria. Yes, that's right. Cam Floria put Hal Lindsey to music. There's a lot to laugh about and some to groan about but as I was looking through the songs and remembering, I found this little ditty and I only wish I could sing it for you. Just remember that this is circa 1972 and even th

What if.....

...what if I just need a place to let some words spill out? What if they spill out in bouquets of bright colors and pleasing scents but their frames are made of snakes and lies? Will you the reader be able to tell? Will it matter? When words smell like lilacs and honeysuckle do you care what lies beneath them? Perfumed syllables cover the stench of hope's decay. A violet or two will fool most surface dwellers, allowing them to pass by quickly and unaware.  Is that what words are supposed to do? What if my aesthetics with words are similar to Morticia Addams' with flowers?  What happens when luscious blooms are discarded?  When the ragged silhouette of thorns is all that remains will you still see the beauty?  Perhaps we'll find out.